Hundreds More Flee US-Controlled Refugee Camp in Homs
20 May 2019 162019000000Mon, 20 May 2019 16:19:46 +0430 16:19
The Syrian Army and Air Force pounded the ISIL terrorist group's military positions in Badiyeh (desert) region of Homs province as hundreds of civilians escaped from US-controlled al-Rukban Refugee Camp in al-Tanf region of Homs province.
MWFpress - Over 400 refugees incarcerated by the US-backed militants in al-Rukban Camp in al-Tanf region in Eastern Homs opened their way to escape from the camp, the Arabic-language sources said on Monday.
Tens of Syrian families most of them women and children managed to flee al-Rukban Camp controlled by the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) for areas under the Syrian Army control through Jaliqam crossing in Eastern Homs.
The military sources also reported that the Syrian Army units backed by artillery fire heavily pounded the ISIL terrorists in the surrounding areas of Humiemeh in Badiyeh al-Sukhna in Eastern Homs, killing a number of terrorists.
Meantime, the Syrian Air Force also struck the ISIL terrorists in the surrounding areas of Wadi Awirez Dam, Badiyeh al-Sukhna and near borders with Deir Ezzur, destroying several terrorist targets.
In a relevant development late last Month, the Arabic-language al-Watan newspaper reported that "there are around 40,000 to 60,000 people residing in al-Rukban Camp and about 2,500 of them have managed to leave the camp".
The sources said the exit of the civilians came after terrorists sought to block their departure from the camp.
The families who have escaped al-Rukban have confirmed lack of food and hygiene in the camp, adding that the US-backed terrorists keep people hungry and prevent their evacuation, al-Watan said.
Based on media reports, the US troops that occupy a 55-km zone in Southern Syria block Russian and Syrian diplomatic and military officials from entering al-Rukban Camp to provide people with humanitarian aid.
The US command in Al-Tanf had previously delayed the delivery of aid to al-Rukban from Damascus, after refusing to guarantee its safety. It has also prevented buses sent by Damascus and guarded by the Russian military police from taking Syrians from the camp to other parts of Syria.
Since opening in 2014, Rukban is home to more than 40,000 Syrians, the majority of which have expressed a desire to return home. A survey released by the UN in February found that nine out of 10 living at the camp wanted to return. However, many expressed worry over gaining access to their property, possible retribution, as well as general safety and security concerns.
Story Code: 83819
News Link: http://mwfpress.com/vdcaoana.49ne61gtk4.html