- Today we are going to discuss about the Hajj in 2016 and the aftermath of catastrophic incidents in 2015 which ended up in death toll of more thousands of pilgrims in Hajj. In this interview we are having the honor of talking to my friend Michael Opperskalski from Germany. 1- Ok before we Start, would you please introduce yourself for our listeners?
- Yes. I am a journalist and I have been active in this field for decades and I ve been an activist in supporting Palestine. I have published a Magazine called Geheim in Germany. 2- Why Saudis haven’t apologized for the incidents which happened last year and they kept justifying that catastrophic events?
- It is very clear and obvious. They try to hide the truth. Firstly, we have to differentiate the Saudi regime and Saudi people which among them are so many honorable Shia and Sunni brothers. The blame is on the family of AL- Saud. They planned that event against Iran and Lebanon trying to isolate Iran, but they failed. They have done the same things many times in the history of Hajj. This history needs to be stopped. 3- How do you see the influence of Saudi government in other countries specially after this incident and their constant failure in Yemen and their support toward terrorism?
- I think we should have no illusion. There is a huge influence and most of this influence is by bribery. I know for example that Saudis are spending a lot of money in Germany, England and France to take control of mosques and make religious circles. There are so many schools that are the centers for the gatherings of such extremist groups. Saudi Arabia is spending a lot also for the war in Yemen but the point is that Saudis are failing badly in front of poor people of Yemen and that is why some of their western allies are trying to somehow stop them from continuing the war not because of their sympathy toward Yemeni people but because of their fear about the collapse of Saudi royal family.4- What is the significance and importance of this current Hajj that we have in this year?
- There are many differences. First of all, Saudi regime is in a crisis that for years we could not see and Yemeni Heroic resistance plays an important role in this. Secondly the leader of Iran took a very important initiative writing a letter and denouncing the character of Al-Saud Regime, demanding that the Hajj should be internationally controlled. This is an important issue that is discussed among many communities and is the matter of unifying Ummah.5- Talking about the letter of Ayatullah Khamenei, he described Saudi regime as a Cured Tree. What is your opinion about this point and generally the letter?
- The important point is that western Media try to put this aspect away trying to say that Iran is Anti Saudi Arabia which is not true, because Iran has no problem with the people of Saudi Arabia and the only problem is about Saudi regime. I think this letter should be discussed among all Sunni and Shia and wherever it has been discussed, Saudi authorities tried to stop it by any means because the main message of this letter is unifying Muslims and Saudi Regime is so scared of this unity.6- Ok as the last question, how do you see the future of Saudi Arabia with all this history of failure that it has made for itself?
- So far, Saudi Arabia can only exist for two reasons. First, it’s highly armed to the teeth by USA and Israel. Secondly, the economic power that it has because of oil. Now we are seeing that Saudi regime is getting weaker in all aspects and it’s losing step by step in Yemen and Syria and their problems will get more serious.
Ok thank you for your time and we are looking to having more talks with you in the series of the fact.